Friday, June 6, 2008

Put the oxygen mask on first...

Well, in order to help my kids with their Spanish, I need to work on mine first. My plan:

1) Listen to SpanishPod, read the dialogues aloud and then write, in Spanish of course, a post in the comments section on their website. I will also listen to other Spanish-language podcasts. (I'll post my favorites either later today or tomorrow.)

2) Read in Spanish regularly. Right now I'm reading Saltamontes by Barbara Vine. I need to devote at least 15 minutes or more a day.

3) Do exercises in The Ultimate Spanish Review and Practice three days a week. Perhaps 30 minutes worth.

4) Most importantly - CONVERSE IN SPANISH! This one may be a little tricky to do. Right now I'm in a Facebook group which chats once a week using Skype and then once a month I meet with a group of ladies from my church who are all native Spanish speakers. Needless to say I need to do more than this. I would like to chat with someone either daily or ever other day. There are several language exchange sites out there such as italki.com or My Language Exchange. I guess I just need to take the plunge and sign up.

5) During all of this, I will speak more Spanish at home - even to the cats. LOL!

So that I will stick with this, I'll write the activities in my calendar.

No comments: