Saturday, July 5, 2008

Review: Our Silly Farm Adventure by Professor Pocket

The songs are original and unforgettable, the characters are engaging and yes, your children will even learn some Spanish (and probably not even realize it).

On this cd you’ll meet Desi, el dinosaurio (dinosaur), Chico, el pollo (chicken), and of course Professor Pocket. They visit una granja mágica where they meet Chico’s familia, vacas (cows), ovejas (sheep), cerdos (pigs) and even a flying white horse named Carlos!

Along the way, your children will learn helpful phrases such as tengo hambre (I’m hungry), tengo sed (I’m thirsty), me gusta (I like) and so much more.

To reinforce the new vocabulary, visit their site for free printable activity sheets. Parents will also find on the site the lyrics to the songs, translations and a list of the key vocabulary, verbs and expressions used on the cd.

My five-year old thoroughly enjoyed listening to it, and I even caught my 8-year old listening to it as well. And to be honest, I liked it, too. (The cd is for ages 2 and up.)

Without a doubt, I would have no problem recommending this to the parents of my preschool students. In fact, I would encourage them to buy it so that they could continue their language learning at home.

They have a new one out called Our Hawaiian Hula Adventure which I will review later in the week. For more information and music samples, visit their site at www.professorpocket.com.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a cool site. My daughter is 2 and I really want her to be bilingual so I will be reading your blog from start to finish. you are doing a great job.

Kim @ What's That Smell said...

You have some great resources here!

We recently have new family members by marriage who only speak spanish, my son (and us) would benefit from a lot of these resources.

Also, thank you for stopping by and commenting some get well wishes for my friend Jenny, I really appreciate it and I know she will too!

Karen said...

Thank you so much! :)

Karen said...

I'm glad you're finding some useful information here. Thanks for stopping by! :)